Girls Not Brides: The Global Partnership to End Child Marriage is seeking to appoint an outstanding individual to the role of Senior Digital Officer, to join the Communications Team based in London.
The successful individual will principally be responsible for developing and implementing the Girls Not Brides digital approach/strategy, and for overseeing the development and improvement of the Partnership’s websites, social media channels and email marketing initiatives.
We are looking for a creative and innovative individual with significant experience across all aspects of digital, with a keen eye for storytelling. They will play a critical role in strengthening our digital channels to support member engagement, learning and participation in the Partnership.
- Develop and implement Girls Not Brides’ digital approach/strategy in line with strategic objectives and ensure that digital innovation and best practice are embedded across the organisation.
- Develop the editorial content plan for all digital channels and ensure it is co-ordinated and integrated.
- Manage on-going development and improvement of the Girls Not Brides websites, providing a continually improved user journey.
- Oversee the strategic use of our social media channels, tracking trends and opportunities for engagement.
- Oversee our email marketing initiatives.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis across our various digital channels, using the information gained to improve our digital channels and user experiences.
- Identify and test new digital ways to strengthen member engagement, learning and member participation in the Partnership.
- Strengthen and streamline our digital content governance.
- Build the digital skills and knowledge of the team.
- Support and oversee the day-to-day digital work of the Communications Officer.
Digital approach / strategy
- Develop the Girls Not Brides’ digital approach/strategy liaising closely with and supported by the Head of Communications; input into other strategies, making sure digital is embedded in everything we do.
- Make digital a cornerstone of member engagement and building a participatory, dynamic partnership by trialling new and innovative digital tools and platforms.
- Continually work to improve user experience across all channels, advising on user experience best practice.
- Strengthen our digital and content governance, consolidating workflows and rooting our work in analytics.
Editorial content, planning and storytelling
- Plan the content calendar liaising closely with and supported by the Head of Communications, the Communications Officer and the rest of the team.
- Source potential stories and identify compelling voices and great storytelling through regular engagement with Girls Not Brides staff and members.
- Coordinate and edit blogs, news, and other articles from members, partners and the Girls Not Brides team, with the support of the Communications Assistant. Draft and edit content as required.
- Develop compelling digital content, including articles, news items, blogs, social media assets, videos, long-form stories etc.
- Measure the impact of content across our digital channels, making sure the content is on brand and follows best practice; keep track of latest trends and adapt our approach where required.
- Support the Communications Officer in developing digital content and editing for the web.
Website management and development
- Develop and implement Girls Not Brides’ website plan (as part of the digital approach / strategy), liaising closely with and supported by the Head of Communications.
- Plan and lead on the continued development of Girls Not Brides’ websites, ensuring that they adhere to the brand guidelines.
- Liaise with web agencies as a primary point of contact and ensure that all development work is planned and carried out within agreed budget and timescales.
- Ensure content is relevant, up-to-date and on brand at all times, and reflects the latest digital trends and best practice.
- Track and analyse traffic to the Girls Not Brides website; identify ways to reach key audiences and increase brand visibility, including Search Engine Optimisation and advertising.
- Oversee the Communications Officer to ensure ongoing maintenance of the website, including content upload and bug fixes.
Social media management and development
- Develop and implement a social media plan (as part of the digital approach / strategy) liaising closely with and supported by the Head of Communications, and the Communications Officer.
- Oversee Girls Not Brides’ presence across all social media channels, ensuring all messaging is coherent across channels, on brand, and meets our strategic goals
- Develop social media assets including videos and oversee the development of assets and other digital work produced by the Communications Officer, including social media monitoring, community engagement, analytics reports, etc.
- Support members’ social media engagement and capacity.
Email marketing and planning
- Oversee the planning, management and implementation of our email channel, supporting the Communications Officer to develop compelling content for our marketing campaigns.
- Ensure our email marketing tools are fit for purpose and follow the latest trends and best practice.
- Support the rest of the team in writing impactful emails and understanding email marketing, with the support of the Communications Officer.
Training and support across the organisation
- Work with the team to identify digital skills gaps and develop and implement training to fill those gaps.
- As an integral part of a small Communications team, assist with developing communications products, leading on digital products and liaising with service providers to ensure high quality.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of Communications.
- Expertise in website and social media development and management and email marketing with a strong understanding of how digital can help achieve the Partnership’s strategic priorities.
- Proven experience of managing a CMS (WordPress)
- Proven experience of developing engaging and accessible content for a website/s and for multiple social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked in).
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills and proven experience of producing copy for a variety of different online audiences.
- Proven experience of email marketing newsletters and campaigns.
- Proven experience of managing web and other external agencies.
- A strong understanding of SEO principles and how to apply these to new and existing web content.
- Proven experience of achieving results through web, social media channels and email marketing, and using different tactics and tools to reach different audiences.
- Proven experience of using analytical software to track digital performance and campaigns, create reports and provide insights for learning.
- Up to date on digital developments and trends.
- Proficiency in recent versions of Microsoft Office suite, experience of using Campaign Monitor, Google Analytics, Sprout Social (or other similar tools), knowledge of Salesforce and Basecamp desirable.
- A creative, fast learner with an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a dynamic workload.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- An understanding and passion for Girls Not Brides’ work.
- Design and image manipulation skills, for example, experience of using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience of producing short videos for online use.
- Experience of working for a membership organisation.
- Written and spoken French or Spanish is highly desirable.
Girls Not Brides is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk with whom our staff and representatives work and interface. Any employment with Girls Not Brides may be subject to the satisfactory completion of a background check and a criminal records check which can include but is not limited to: an overseas police record check, a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (for those based in the UK) or an International Criminal Record Check (if applicable).