Location: Flexible location within Europe, candidates must have and be able to retain if hired, the legal right to work in the location of the post.
Reports to: Director of Grant Program Operations.
Annual salary: Competitive for the sector
About TechSoup Europe
TechSoup Europe is the European division of TechSoup, headquartered in San Francisco and led by Fundacja TechSoup, an independent Polish Foundation. In the last 33 years, TechSoup has connected over 1.2 million nonprofits and delivered more than US$13.5 billion in technology tools and philanthropic services from over 100 corporate and foundation partners all over the world. TechSoup Europe together with over 40 partner organizations representing many different areas: capacity building, media literacy, civic engagement, social innovation, or digital inclusion, helps nonprofits including grassroots, small, local organizations in 53 European countries and territories build their capacity. We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so they may benefit from technology and focus on their mission.
With flexible location within Europe and working together with TechSoup European Headquarters in Warsaw, Poland. The Online Education and Trainers Community Manager works out of a creative and dynamic office in a highly matrixed environment with ability to travel as well as to work internationally – across different cultures and languages and despite of the distance is an absolute must.
This position reports to the Director of Grant Program Operations.
The Online Education and Trainers Community Manager will be responsible for building community of trainers, educators, as well as regional and local partners cross CEE as well as for the development of online and offline trainings and education programs for TechSoup Europe.
Trainers Community Building
- Creating, facilitating and developing a network of local trainers and educators, as well as regional and local partners across CEE.
- Building online learning communities, especially in the field of civic engagement. Keeping communities emerged within former projects alive.
- Managing all aspects (including facilitation, and organizing) of online and offline project events, gatherings, workshops, camps, meet-ups based on business requirements, formal constraints, according to TechSoup’s standards, and the project requirements.
- Supporting partners in building community of trainers and activists in their regions.
- Communicating offline and online with stakeholders and finding ways of continuous engagement of trainers, experts, local partners, regional partners;
- Working closely with partners and beneficiaries in achieving the strategic goals of cooperation.
- Delivering additional new projects related to community engagement as opportunities emerge.
- Monitoring and evaluation community needs and activities.
Online and Offline Training Support and Capacity Building
- Coordinate with other program staff on online and offline education and training initiatives and provide guidance aligned with training and education strategy. Provide standards, methods and tools for online and offline education.
- Contributing to development of online and offline trainings and education programs for TechSoup Europe (such as: offline and on-line training, webinars, development and scaling online training content)
- Contribute to projects with a strong online education and online training focus across the network also training and education projects management.
- Research and identifying training, and educational needs of NGOs, and social activists across Europe in the area of technology and social change together with program teams.
- Cooperation with TSE education platform team
- Developing and maintaining portfolio of online and offline trainers for TSE.
- Monitoring and evaluation of online and offline trainings.
Project Implementation and team management
- Ensuring excellent and timely delivery of own tasks and smooth cooperation and communication with the project team, including project managers, partners, and contractors.
- Managing grant training and education team.
- Coordinating the entire project lifecycle, including development of scope, gathering of specifications, tracking, reporting, and implementation.
- Excellent own time management and ability to analyze timelines and tasks in the pipeline.
- Ensuring funder satisfaction, with a solid understanding of funders’ formal requirements, and ensuring compliance.
- Using project management tools prescribed by TechSoup.
- Supporting creation and management of project working plans and working budgets.
- Supporting set up of standardized, actionable KPIs, and its monitoring and reporting.
- Travelling to project sites and attending events of interest for further development of partnerships.
Education and Experience
- Experience in building online and offline networks and communities.
- At least 5 years of experience managing online and offline programs and projects related to education or training with a proven delivery record.
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and direct experience with e-learning and or learning management system platforms.
- Significant professional experience working internationally.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector a plus.
- Online facilitation skills.
- Understanding of civil society organizations in Europe as well as understanding of CSOs’ technology needs and challenges in implementing technology solutions.
- Ability to be flexible, well-organized, and work effectively in a team.
- Must have excellent planning and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attuned to multicultural environments and skilled at engaging diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively and with sensitivity across barriers such as language, culture, and distance.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Comfortable with collaboration and matrixed reporting structures.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communications; other language a plus.
- Flexibility to travel in Europe and internationally as required
- Based in Warsaw, or remote work possible (with regular visits to the Warsaw office)
For your contribution and passion, we can offer
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from across the world
- Possibility to gain experience in the social enterprise at a global scale
- Employment contract and benefits package (medical and life insurance package included)
How to apply
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: email@example.com.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Techsoup” in the email subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 23rd August 2019
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, Video Display Terminals, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal colder temperatures and office noise.
This description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties associated with the position. Further, the description does not constitute a contract between the employee and employer, and the organization maintains the right to change the job duties for this position at its discretion.