Contract: Fixed Term 1 year
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change.
WE are looking for a Senior Communications Officer to increase the impact of ODI’s research through the coordination and delivery of first class public affairs and communications activities on marking the 60th anniversary of ODI.
To advance the 2030 Agenda, the Overseas Development Institute will look to host a series of talks under the theme ‘Addressing Global Challenges for A Changing World’. This role will coordinate activities and partnership with governments and communities around the world, to explore actions and adaptation strategies that business, governments, education providers and individuals will need to take in order to successfully navigate this transition and build a future that works for all.
The main duties and responsibilities for the one year project consist of:
- Leading the development, project management and delivery of an ambitious and influential series of ODI at 60 public events, round-tables, side events and digital products to increase the impact of ODI’s work on addressing global challenges for a better world series focusing around six strategic areas – climate, migration, gender, violence and conflict, financing and the future of work.
- Coordinating high level partnerships internally and in particular externally with organisations financially supporting the 60th year, ensuring donor objectives, impact reporting and ODI research align across the programme of activities.
- Effectively project manage and deliver high quality outputs for the ODI at 60 project, including but not limited to public events, roundtables, side events, conferences and digital products to deadline and budget (80%)
- Take the lead in coordinating strategic relationships with ODI partners and donors supporting the 60th year (up to 20%)
You will have:
- Demonstrable interest in achieving the SDGs, economic, foreign, security and other policies affecting marginalised and vulnerable populations around the world
- Significant experience in strategic communications – working to inform/influence policy outcomes
- Experience managing high level partner and donor relationships across multiple organisations and geographies
- Proven experience managing convening activities and events
- Practical experience in e-marketing production/coordination and digital communications
- Excellent writing skills, and proven ability to summarise technical research in clear, compelling language
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and project management skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collegiately with researchers, helping to shape research communications for target audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at high levels of seniority and from different cultures
- Experience of managing relationships with external agencies and freelancers
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to quickly pick up new softwares and communications tools
- Excellent IT and data management skills, including Microsoft Office
Interview date: On a rolling basis