We are the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF), an independent grant-making charity that is committed to ensuring that children from all backgrounds can fulfil their potential and make the most of their talents.
The EEF was set up in 2011 by the Sutton Trust. Together, we are the government-designated What Works Centre for improving education outcomes for school-aged children.
We offer grants to a variety of organisations, such as schools, local authorities and charities, to trial new ways of helping 3 – 18 year olds succeed, whether that’s improving their educational performance, giving them valuable life skills or preparing them for the world of work or further study. Our projects are set up and run as rigorous trials, allowing us to build our understanding of what works in improving outcomes for children and young people.
We are now looking for a Communications and Media Officer to join our team and promote our work, primarily to teachers and senior leaders educating 3-18 year olds.
- Salary of c£30,000 per annum
- Flexible start and end working times (core hours between 10am and 4pm)
- Flexible working opportunities
- 27 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Pension matched with a 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance cover
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay (conditions apply)
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme to help you deal with any personal and professional problems
If you are a communications, media or education professional with great content creation skills, this is a great opportunity to increase the reach and impact of our incredible organisation.
This pivotal role will see you utilising your creativity and passion to create innovative content to connect with educators, parents and decision makers and make a difference to education practices and processes.
So, if you want to enhance the education of all young people, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds, we want to hear from you.
As a Communications and Media Officer, you will make sure that our work is communicated effectively to our target audience. This includes teachers, senior leaders, school governors and trustees, policy makers, parents and carers.
Working across media, communications, digital channels and events, you will create content that connects with our key audiences, primarily using our website, email and social media platforms.
Your role will also involve:
- Maintaining the schedule of forthcoming publications and communications activities
- Writing, drafting and editing news releases, blogs and content
- Supporting the production and communication of press releases and media requests
- Producing email newsletters and other email communications
- Supporting the production of content, video and graphics for social media channels
- Leading the co-ordination of events with both domestic and international stakeholders
- Identifying and managing media opportunities
To join us as a Communications and Media Officer, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of working in a communications and/or media role or within an education setting
- Experience in the delivery and achievement of online and print communications
- Exceptional written communication skills and the ability to produce high-quality content for a range of audiences and channels
- Proficiency in all standard office IT programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the willingness to learn other digital platforms, including Mailchimp
Ideally, you will have experience and an understanding of the education environment including education media, but this is not essential. Experience of producing and/or editing video content would be beneficial, as would skills in graphic design to create compelling online visual content. Exposure in marketing and web development would be equally desirable.
The EEF is committed to creating a diverse environment and ensuring that all qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment. We are committed to fair and inclusive recruitment practices (and are open to job shares, secondments, part time and flexible working schedules).