Salary: £18,000- 19,200 p.a (£22.5/ 24,000 pro rata) depending upon experience
Hours: 30 hours per week. Some evening, weekend and bank holiday working. Flexibility required.
Benefits: Freshfields will offer flexible working hours and flexible working locations for some of the working week for the right candidate.
Contract: Permanent – 6 month probationary period.
Would you like to start the new decade by joining an aspirational National Animal Welfare Award winning organisation making a positive difference by saving the lives of domestic, farm and wild animals?
Are you an experienced and driven events fundraiser, with bags of initiative, exceptional communication skills, and a proven track record for delivering successful fundraising initiatives with the public and business communities? You could be just the person we’re looking for to join our fundraising team as Freshfields Events Fundraiser.
You will work alongside the Fundraising Manager, PR and Communications Officer and Digital Campaigns Officer to deliver the best possible results for the Charity.
Freshfields Animal Rescue is a well-established, ethically-driven charity that is respected for delivering the highest standards of care to the most diverse range of animals in the North West. We never put a healthy animal down. We care for every animal until we secure a safe and loving home, or they are ready for release back to the wild.
Freshfields Animal Rescue has two rescue centres, one in Ince Blundell, Sefton and one in North Wales, as well as seven shops across Liverpool Southport and Wales. Our reach stretches across Merseyside, Sefton, Lancashire, Cheshire, the Wirral and in Wales.
We deliver outreach animal welfare services, community education and campaigns, and we are supported by passionate volunteers who transform animals’ lives every day.
We have big, bold and progressive plans for the future. We need a resourceful and driven fundraising team to secure the income needed to make those plans a reality. If you fit the bill, we would love you to join us at this important time in our development.
To raise substantial levels of funding to support the current work and future growth of Freshfields Animal Rescue through the development and delivery of effective and efficient large and small, indoor and outdoor, fundraising events with a high return on investment.
To inspire and support a range of offline peer-to-peer community fundraisers, to develop capacity and resources by recruiting volunteers to support the fundraising effort, and secure sponsorship, grants and in kind support for fundraising events.
- To meet, and even exceed, agreed fundraising targets.
- Identify, develop and implement opportunities for a range of fundraising events that maximise the return on investment, and minimise staff and delivery resource needs.
- Identify and secure potential business sponsors and in kind donors for larger fundraising events.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to produce funding proposals to grant making bodies.
- Produce and deliver presentations and talks that inspire community stakeholders to participate in Freshfields, and peer to peer, fundraising activities.
- Build a portfolio of fundraising supporters by developing and sustaining relationships, with a view to achieving continual fundraising initiatives.
- Actively recruit, coordinate and support fundraising volunteers.
- Meet targets for securing event fundraiser participants by effectively marketing and promoting events to targeted audiences through a range of digital and traditional methods.
- Keep accurate financial and personal data in line with GDPR requirements.
- Follow financial procedures for cash handling, recording and invoicing.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on fundraising activities, budgets and outcomes
- Operate ethically and within the Fundraising Regulator guidelines.
- Understand and positively represent the work of Freshfields at all times.
- Attend, and positively contribute to, team meetings as and when required.
- Be a positive and passionate advocate for the work of Freshfields Animal Rescue.
- Uphold Freshfields values, ethics, policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of raising substantial sums through event and community fundraising events – 3 years.
- A substantial track record of initiating, planning and delivering large and small scale fundraising events from inception to evaluation – 3 years.
- Delivering engaging and persuasive talks and presentations for a broad range of audiences – 3 years
- Previous responsibility for recruiting, supporting and retaining fundraising volunteers – 2 years
- Successful pitching, inspiring and securing business sponsors for events – 2 years
- Prior responsibility for risk assessments, legal and health and safety requirements.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Creativity, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial acumen for fundraising.
- Good organisational, project management and event planning skills.
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and financial targets.
- Exceptional communication, presenting, networking and negotiation skills.
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships, and influence, current and new supporters.
- Able to delegate, work through others, adapt and multi-task.
- Skilled at recruiting, motivating and supporting volunteers.
- Sales and marketing skills to promote the event and attract sponsorship.
- The ability to produce, monitor and control budgets and follow financial procedure.
- Hold a full valid UK driving license and have use of a car
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in events, marketing or business.
- Commitment to Freshfields Animal Rescues cause.
- Target driven
- Innovative with an ability to calculate and minimise risk, and maximise potential.
- Initiative, good judgement and the ability to make sound decisions.
- A proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion
- Personal confidence twinned with respect for others.
- A friendly and sociable people person, able to influence a broad range of people.
- Organised, focussed, self-disciplined and consistent.
- Responsible and professional.
- Adaptable, practical and pragmatic.
- An excellent track record and established professional networks.
- Good attention to detail twinned with the ability to progress broader aims and objectives
- Willing to adapt to change and embrace new challenges
Applicants providing suitable CVs will be asked to complete a stage 1 application form.
We will inform you in writing of the outcome of your application. We will follow this up with a phone call if you are invited to interview
Candidates will be assessed by interview questions and presentation.