We are seeking a capable, self-motivated and experienced individual to become our Full Stack Developer to take the lead on both front and back end development for the organisation. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to hit the ground running.
As Full Stack Developer you will be responsible for:
- Leading on the design and implementation of all development required for the organisation.
- Developing and maintaining front and back end website architectures.
- Database design and maintenance for the organisation.
- Working alongside digital designers for UI and UX features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Integrating 3rd party APIs into web applications.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Any other related tasks within the project as may be necessary.
Key skills and abilities
Knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science preferable.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with fundamental front end languages.
- Proficiency developing in a Wordpress environment.
- Familiarity with database technology.
- Good knowledge of life issues and connected areas.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to the mission of Right To Life UK.
A successful candidate will:
- Exhibit a rigorous approach which lends itself to methodical and accurate work produced in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Have strong personal and time-management skills.
- Be able to relate to people from all cultures, ethnicities and value-systems.
- Be able to hold information in confidence and build trust with those around you.
- Be positive and enthusiastic.
- Have the ability to persuade, motivate and inspire others to action.
- Be able to think strategically and innovatively.
- Be able to build and maintain external relationships.
- Have an interest in working for a life issues related organisation and a strong desire to play a part in influencing law and culture on these issues.
- Preferably able to demonstrate a firm commitment to life issues related causes through volunteer involvement with life-issues-related projects in the past.
- Inspired by the work of Right To Life UK and in full agreement with Right To Life UK’s mission and campaigning positions.
- When necessary, capable of working under some pressure.
- Committed to both team and unsupervised working.
- Able to avoid party political and denominational bias in your role.
- An ability to bring an entrepreneurial zeal to your role and to get excited about the outcomes that you can achieve through your involvement with the Unit.
- High standards of personal discipline, reliability, honesty and integrity.
Salary: competitive based upon skills and experience.
Full-time permanent position.