About Global Citizen
We are an advocacy organisation dedicated to ending extreme poverty by 2030. We do this by encouraging people to learn and take action on our platform; those actions apply pressure on world leaders to make commitments around the issues associated with extreme poverty.
We don't ask people for money, but to take action. These actions range from sending a tweet, signing a petition, to sending an email, making a phone call, and more.
By taking action, Global Citizens are rewarded with access and tickets to our music festivals and other events around the world. So far, more than 23 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to USD $48.4 billion in commitments being made by world leaders, which have already affected more than 880 million lives.
Why Work for Global Citizen:
We are a friendly, kind, fun-loving and inclusive team with lots of socialising and snacks!
We are a young, dynamic and fast paced organisation with plenty of opportunities to learn about and get involved with all aspects of Global Citizen. We offer occasional opportunities for international travel to support on our global events and campaigns.
We encourage employees to get involved with social justice causes they feel passionate about, and offer two paid days of ‘volunteer leave’ per annum to allow this.
We support and encourage employees to claim time off in lieu for any overtime worked: we all need rest and relaxation and if you work long hours to meet a particular deadline, this will be recognised with appropriate time off at the end of the project.
We believe in equal opportunities for all and will review all applicants for this role as such. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Global Citizen believes we can end extreme poverty by 2030 — and that this change will be achieved by building a movement of people, raising their voices to demand change.
The Senior Digital Campaigns Manager will be responsible for leading and implementing digital campaigns to help end extreme poverty, overseeing our public mobilisation in the European market, and designing strategies focused on driving engagement in support of nutrition and agriculture, and the protection of the UK’s international aid budget.
This role will hold a specific focus on engaging UK Global Citizens, leading efforts to promote the strategic movement of British members ‘down the funnel’, from users who may have signed up to earn a reward, to passionate activists who understand the causes Global Citizens campaigns for, and have the information they need to raise their voice — including in high-bar, personal and creative ways. In addition, it will oversee the work of digital campaigners focused on mobilisation in other key European markets, including Germany.
The Senior Digital Campaigns Manager will also lead our global digital campaigns focused on nutrition and agriculture, mobilising citizens around the world to pressure donor governments to step up in 2020 with new financial commitments. This includes developing campaign actions, and email and social media marketing strategies to ensure our movement of Global Citizens are actively engaged in these key policy and campaign areas — and raising their voices to create change. The Senior Digital Campaigns Manager will work in close collaboration with the policy, partnerships, marketing, product, rewards, content, and country teams to achieve this.
About the Team:
This role will work closely with:
- The Digital Campaigns Director, who will line manage this role, providing strategic guidance, feedback and support.
- The Digital Campaigns Officer (UK) and Campaigns Coordinator (Germany) who will be line managed by this role.
- The Policy Lead for Food Security, Hunger and Nutrition, UK Policy and Advocacy Manager, and the UK Country Director aligning to establish how digital campaigns can best support policy and government relation wins on the topics of nutrition and agriculture, and UK aid.
- Our UK team of 10-15 people, in a bright and snack-filled office in Kings Cross, London.
- Our global team of 100+ people, with offices in New York, South Africa, Germany, Canada and Australia
- Oversee all digital campaigns activities as they relate to the European market. This includes:
- Set and implement strategy to drive up actions taken by UK Global Citizens, and percentages categorised as ‘action-taker’ and ‘super activist’ on a monthly basis.
- Lead project management of action journeys and digital campaign tactics as they relate to Global Citizen events in the UK.
- Support UK fundraising efforts by providing digital campaigns expertise to grant funding proposals, reporting and paid campaign partnership proposals.
- Line manage and oversee the work of Europe-based digital campaigners.
- Lead development and implementation of digital campaigns strategy for campaigns focused on nutrition and agriculture, and UK aid. This includes:
- Setting the calendar for, copy-writing and sending campaign emails.
- Developing key messaging for the campaigns to best engage a young, digitally engaged audience.
- Copy-writing and building campaign action pages.
- Coordinating with relevant teams to oversee production of social media, editorial, video and media assets to promote digital campaigns objectives.
- Overseeing communication and distribution of digital campaigns assets and plans to other internal teams, cross-function and cross-market.
- Collecting and sharing data for report back to relevant partners.
- Lead management of relationships with key external partners, including representing Global Citizen at events, meetings and stakeholder gatherings and reporting key campaign metrics on a regular basis.
- Collect, analyse, and report key digital campaigns metrics using software such as Domo, Looker and Iterable to share with internal team and external partners, to ascertain our success and hone future tactics.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4-5 years professional experience working in digital campaigning or digital fundraising.
- Exceptional English copywriting skills, particularly for email marketing, social media and campaigns, with strong knowledge on how to engage a young audience both globally and in the UK.
- Experience planning digital strategies to hit measurable goals.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills and the ability to manage various competing priorities.
- Management of junior roles.
- Experience drafting and evaluating the performance of email supporter journeys, including knowledge of how to plan a fair A/B experiment.
- Demonstrable interest in social justice and equality.
- Ability to build strong relationships with external partners.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills (experience of CMS, Google Drive, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to spot problems and solve them.
- Creative and proactive.
- A sense of humour.
- Team player.
- Positive, can-do-attitude.
- Ability to show initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with a variety of individuals and organisations.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
We seek candidates who can bring a variety (2-4) of the below skills to the role.
- Knowledge of and/or experience campaigning on international development, UK aid or nutrition and agriculture.
- Understanding of how to engage young people in European markets outside of the UK, particularly Germany and France.
- Experience of email deployment software, particularly Iterable.
- Knowledge and interest in the use of data to inform audience engagement tactics, particularly practical knowledge of data analytics software such as Domo and Looker.
- Experience drafting, setting up and monitoring performance of Facebook adverts.
- Basic HTML skills.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Experience managing budgets.
Global Citizen does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.