Vacancy Reference Number:
International Support Unit (ISU) Copywriter
Director of International Support Unit
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
£23,000 – £25,000 (depending on experience)
Terms of Employment:
12-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period, Extendable)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email, via our website, by no later than 7th February 2020
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: As and When Suitable Candidates Identified
Start: ASAP thereafter
Muslim Hands is a UK-based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. International Support Unit (ISU) support the development of Muslim Hands partner offices in the areas of fundraising and communication, program management, administration and finance and at the outset the unit will focus on the following countries non-exhaustive list Canada France South Africa and the United Kingdom.
The postholder will play an integral role in creating engaging content across a range of platforms including our website, blog, print publications and press releases. The postholder will be working closely with other members of the fundraising department to deliver compelling content for fundraising campaigns and donor feedback throughout the year. Based mainly in our London office, the postholder will also occasionally be required to travel to our Nottingham headquarters.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the leading Muslim charities. Digital and web are critical to the growth of Muslim Hands both in raising awareness of our work and generating online donations. The potholder will be central in expanding this area and helping further the reach of Muslim Hands.
• Ensure a consistent brand and tone of voice across our written content.
• Work alongside others in the digital team, including graphic designers and video production specialists to produce engaging content for our network of websites and social media platforms.
• Plan the structure of online content to reflect our fundraising activities and the breadth / depth of our work.
• Create copy to maximise conversion rate, search engine optimisation, social media engagement and website content.
• Regularly produce new high-quality content by writing suitable copy, proofing, editing, and uploading onto a CMS.
• Continually monitor website content to ensure it remains accurate, updated and interesting.
• Research, collate and prepare project feedback for dissemination to donors, partner organisations and other channels.
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation
Person specification: -
Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
Deadline for applications is 7th February 2020 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.