ALNAP is seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic Communications Officer to contribute to enhancing the impact of its research on humanitarian policy and practice; encourage communication within the ALNAP Network; oversee ALNAP’s knowledge management function and develop ALNAP and ODI’s reputation and image through efficient and effective external and internal communication, with a focus on delivery of high quality digital outputs.
The successful candidates will have:
- Digital communications skills and experience, including: content creation; website management; email marketing; strategic use of social media; analytics, multimedia; and SEO.
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to summarise research information in clear, web-friendly, non-specialist language
- Good knowledge of social media, digital platforms and web content best practice
- Ability to work collegially with researchers, helping to shape research communications for target audiences
- Strong IT skills; ability to learn new software and systems quickly.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Illustrator and InDesign)
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter – ability to generate plans and ideas and carry them through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels of seniority and from different cultures
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of managing relationships with external agencies and freelancers
- Ability to quickly pick up new softwares and tools; willingness to learn new skills
- Basic video production experience.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Interest and experience in humanitarian issues
- Experience in research communications
- Other languages
Closing date: 22 October 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.