Charity Digital is a charity that helps other organisations accelerate their impact using digital technology through a number of services:
Charity Digital News – a media platform where organisation can access the latest digital news, insights and resources. Charity Digital Exchange – the UKs only discounted and donated technology marketplace that has saved charities almost £240 million in software and hardware costs. Charity Digital Jobs – a bespoke job board that connects charities to the best digital recruits looking for their next role. Charity Digital Mail – our whitelabled email marketing platform that combats the pain points of platforms like mailchimp and others and Charity Digital Payments – a tailored payment processing solution for charities.
As a Marketing Executive at Charity Digital, you’ll contribute to and develop integrated marketing campaigns for technology clients, and use a variety of marketing techniques to drive growth for our various services and platforms.
The successful candidate will be capable of juggling multiple projects at any one time, using data to underpin strategy decision-making and delivery. You’ll have experience in working on a small team and be able to evidence your ability in doing so. You’ll be proactive, inquisitive, and keen to deliver innovative, impactful marketing initiatives.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a dynamic thinker and doer who is analytical, data driven and commercially astute
- Have experience in successfully delivering new initiatives
- Be able to evidence delivering marketing strategy and exceeding targets
- Have excellent communication and people skills
- Be happy working to deadlines that you set yourself, in a fast-changing environment
- Have strong digital marketing skills and a deep understanding of content marketing
- Have 2+ years’ experience working in a small marketing team
- Understand modern marketing theory and be able to adapt approaches for different business models
Roles and responsibilities:
- Management of organisation wide social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter and Youtube.
- Strategy, planning, execution and evaluation of integrated marketing campaigns for technology clients.
- Develop and iterate weekly email marketing campaigns and maintain and update customer databases.
- Produce creative content for website and social media, including videos, podcasts, webinars and articles.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy (often as part of a wider sales and marketing programme).
- Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for management monitor and report on competitor activity.
- Lead external agencies, when appropriate, to effectively manage events, press relationships, editorial requests, presentations, promotional materials and online activities.
- Support the marketing manager in delivering agreed activities, campaigns and projects.
- Be a Charity Digital brand ambassador in everything you do, attending networking events and keep the mission at the forefront of all work.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing, technology and the charity sector
- Experience with email marketing software
- Experience executing lead generation campaigns for clients
- Experience using social media management software or managing a large number of social channels and creating adverts on these platforms.
- Experience distributing and promoting a variety of content including audio, video, survey and written content
- Understanding of analytics tools such as Google analytics
- Experience with Salesforce (or other CRM platform) for data analysis and segmentation
- Basic knowledge of HTML, Wordpress back end and WP Engine
- Experience with Photoshop, Audition and Premiere Pro
Why work for us?
- An opportunity to directly help a large number of great causes
- Start-up mentality and culture
- A really friendly, positive working environment (we often have cake!)
- Regular team dinners and social events
- Access to a range of perks, from discounted cinema tickets and gym memberships to high street and digital vouchers
- Private healthcare and cashback for dentistry, physiotherapy and more
- Free financial and pension advice
- 25+ days holiday per year and the option to carry days forward