Head of Digital Fundraising
- Department: Fundraising and Marketing
- Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
- Status: Full time - one year term with extension
- Posting Date: Monday 5th August
- Closing Date: Friday 23rd August
- Salary: Between 50,000 - 60,000 euro
About Make-A-Wish® International
Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We seek to bring every eligible child's wish to life because a wish is an integral part of a child's treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight their illness. Make-A-Wish is the world’s leading children’s wish-granting organization, serving children in more than 50 countries worldwide. Together, generous donors, supporters, staff and more than 45,000 volunteers grant a wish every 17 minutes, on average, somewhere in the world. Since 1980, Make-A-Wish has granted nearly 480,000 wishes to children; more than 30,000 in 2018 alone.
As Head of Digital Fundraising you will be responsible for all Digital Fundraising activities working closely with the wider Make-A-Wish International team, the Digital leads at Make-A-Wish America, and within our wider global Affiliate network.
If you decide to take on the challenge, your focus will include:
- Take the lead responsibility on the strategic operation and execution of the digital acquisition strategy for Make-A-Wish International
- Define, objectives and KPI measures and plans on how to achieve them monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Provide accurate and insightful digital income analysis including SalesForce, reports and dashboard creation, web analytics and/or other platforms that we might use in the future
- Take a key role in the budgeting and reforecasting process for the digital fundraising programme. Make investment cases for new activity and growth to support decision making across the programme and fundraising. Proactively manage budgets, monitor and report on digital fundraising campaigns to ensure digital fundraising delivers on target.
- Day-to-day management and optimisation of digital platforms and channels that drive income and lead generation, with special focus on brand and peer-to-peer website, social channels, email
- Development and execution of new campaigns and propositions that maximise our income potential
- Develop, implement and manage:
- a day to day and yearly content calendar to maximise brand awareness and engagement across our social media channels
- yearly email calendar to maximise monetisation of our database and increase loyalty and LTV of our supporters
- Work closely with the fundraising and digital teams to ensure online and offline fundraising campaigns are integrated and digital channels are used effectively for retention and development of supporters including Corporate Partnerships.
- Manage relationships with digital marketing suppliers
- Support in the management and development of platforms and products oriented to acquire and monetise corporate business relationships
- Line Management duties while yourself reporting into the VP of Fundraising.
On 1 July 2019, the operational office of Make-A-Wish International moved to the Mediapark in Hilversum. As an umbrella organizational unit, we're responsible for supporting all Make-A-Wish organizations outside the U.S.
From our office in the Netherlands, you work with up to 15 colleagues, as well as international colleagues based in other countries. Our working language is English, and meetings often take place digitally.
What We Offer
At Make-A-Wish, you work from the heart to make a fantastic initiative possible: giving children facing a critical condition the a unique experience that will transform their lives forever. As soon as you join us as our new Head of Digital Fundraising, you can expect (on a full-time basis, 38-hour week):
- a competitive salary between €50,00 - €60,00 depending on your knowledge and experience;
- a pension plan with Zwitserleven;
- at least 20 days of paid leave annually;
- holiday pay;
- a contribution towards your health insurance policy.
If you want to work at Make-A-Wish International, it's essential that you are socially committed. It's not hard to motivate yourself in this job, once you think about the thousands of children our organization helps. You're also a self-starter with good communication skills and a high level of accuracy in execution.
Your background includes:
- Substantial digital fundraising or digital marketing experience, including planning, evaluating and delivering successful campaigns that drive response
- Line management experience
- Proven track record of generating income
- Proven ability to think and act strategically, planning and evaluating activity. Ability to translate concepts into effective action plans.
- Experience of delivering multi-media campaigns
- Proficiency in SalesForce as CRM, other data management tools a plus
- Proficiency in web management and analytics, including CMSs like Drupal or WordPress, analytics like GA, hotjar, Optimisely
- Proficient level (spoken and written) English;
Would you like to do transform lives with us? Then apply immediately for the role of Head of Digital Fundraising at Make-A-Wish International.
Act quickly, applications are open until 23 August 2019. Please note: we will only accept your application if it is written in English.
Send CV’s to: email@example.com