Use your mobile app and digital experience, love of technology and passion for design to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of children in poverty.
Compassion UK is a leading Christian child development charity. Our work is Christ-centred, church-based and child-focused working through the local church in 25 of the poorest countries.
At the heart of Compassion’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty: a purpose embodied in the phrase: ‘Releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name’.
About the role
As the Product Manager (Mobile Apps) you'll be responsible for the day-to-day management and ongoing development of the Compassion UK App. You'll drive forward the delivery of new features that aim to exceed our supporters expectations and support Compassion UK's goal to provide a digital first solution that's better than our existing offline offering. You'll use data insights to support future development as well as reporting on the apps goals and KPIs.
- Actively maintain and promote Compassion UK’s Christian ethos and values;
- Effectively release new features and enhancements that deliver the goals set-out in the app development roadmap;
- Gain insights on user activity, monitor performance/stability and provide reporting on organisational goals;
- Support app growth and onboarding of new supporters;
- Assist with the long-term digital transformation aspirations and goals.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
- Development experience: You must be able to demonstrate experience of planning and overseeing the delivery of app development, including managing release schedule and understanding the App Store/Google Play approval process.
- You'll also need a background in managing customer facing digital products.
- A passion for design: You’ll have a creative flare and passion for beautiful products with a desire for simplicity and pixel perfection.
- Excellent project management skills: Experience managing complex digital projects, with the ability to initiate, monitor, complete and review. Experience working on an Agile project would be desirable.
- Data driven: You'll be able to apply data, analytics and user trends to drive decisions and development. With the ability to clearly present and report outcomes.
- Core office/administrative skills: You must be fluent in English and competent in written and numerical work, with experience of basic office systems such as Microsoft Office.
It would help (but isn’t essential) to have:
- Relevant digital qualifications: A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant digital subject.
- Charity experience: Previous experience working in the not-for-profit sector, ideally managing and/or delivering digital projects for charities.
- Frontend UX/UI experience: Experience in frontend design, development, prototyping, wire framing and user journeys.
- A working knowledge of Adobe XD (and Adobe Creative Suite), InVision, Firebase, Google Analytics, and Office365.
We need you to be:
- Personally committed to the Christian faith. There’s an occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian. (You can read more about this in our Policy on Posts to be Held by Christians.)
- Deeply connected to Compassion’s ministry to children.
- Aligned to Compassion UK’s cultural attributes.
- Passionate about technology.
- A great communicator able to work collaboratively across the organisation.
- A problem solver with excellent attention to detail.
- Creative, innovative and flexible.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Location & Benefits
Compassion UK is a great place to work, in our modern ‘agile’ office just 15-minute walk from Fleet station. This is an office-based role working 35 hours per week Monday - Friday 9.00- 17.00. Benefits include enhanced pension scheme with 10% employer contribution, 25 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays, Income Protection and Group Life cover on appointment, private healthcare and dental insurance on successful completion of probation.
The closing date for completed applications noon on 26th June 2019 Interviews will take place w/c 1st July 2019 at Compassion House, Fleet. Please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to change the closing date of our vacancies.
Please note that we cannot consider applicants who do not presently have the right to work in the UK.
Compassion is a child-focused ministry; we believe every child should be known, loved and protected. One area of the interview will explore your personal commitment to child protection. A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.