It’s an exciting time to be joining the team as we are looking to expand and diversify our acquisition channels and test new activities.
We’re looking for someone with passion and ambition, who can drive forward our acquisition programme and lead and inspire the team. You should be an experienced fundraiser who is up for the challenge to shape our future.
You will be responsible for ensuring that VSO recruit supporters who want to stay with us throughout their life-time, as well as bringing those who choose to join us closer to our work.
Specifically you should have experience of people and budget management and two years direct marketing experience - but most of all you should be an innovator who gets the importance of testing, great content and engagement.
If you have worked in the world of Individual Giving and feel the following statement applies to you then we'd love to hear from you - we’re friendly, passionate people dedicated to making real change happen. Our donors are equally passionate and we believe there are many more out there.
Think you’ve got the skills and the passion? Get in touch; we’d love to hear from you!
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
In return we offer;
• Social inclusion and diversity are at the heart of our work
• Your impact / contribution to VSO’s mission will be visible
• Friendly and supportive office environment
• Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
• Pension benefit with Scottish Widows
• Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
• Personal accident insurance
• Professional development opportunities, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching, workshops
• Opportunity for flexible working and working from home
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in the UK before you apply.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications, as such we may interview as soon as suitable applications are received.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.