A great opportunity has arisen for a Digital Marketing Lead within the charity's growing Digital hub.
In this new permanent role you’ll be responsible for leading the effective marketing of Crohn’s & Colitis UK through all digital channels to key audiences, encouraging engagement and action.
Some of the areas you will be involved in are planning and implementing digital marketing activity, providing digital marketing advice across the charity, developing and maintaining our digital fundraising and implement paid content marketing initiatives. You’ll also be required to grow the size and effectiveness of our email programme, be involved in auditing the website and microsites and planning and implementing our paid search and SEO strategy.
You’ll be a motivated self-starter with experience of marketing/digital marketing. You will have used Dotmailer (or equivalent) and have proven experience of running multiple digital fundraising campaigns and paid promotions. You’ll have strong experience with CMS websites and CRM systems, have excellent project management skills with the ability to plan strategically. You’ll have a strong analytical mind-set and a passion for digital marketing with the ability to inspire others over its potential.
1. Plan and implement digital marketing activity including email, search, social and display advertising to drive audiences to our website and associated sites to take action to support our work, with a focus on raising income (Donations, Events and Membership). This includes always-on activity as well as support for projects, with supporter experience at the heart.
2. Develop and maintain our digital fundraising so that we are maximising our income from digital activity, from both existing and new supporters. Use a commercial approach, looking to test new channels and improve conversions and ROI and to meet targets, working closely with the Supporter Engagement team. Work with Digital team members to ensure our wider products are developed to meet digital fundraising goals.
3. Implement paid content marketing initiatives - make recommendations on content, channels and budgets on receipt of a brief and concepts for digital fundraising. Liaise closely with the wider Digital team for insights, particularly the Digital Content Officer and Digital Assistant. Optimise conversion rates - testing new initiatives and feeding back on what works and what doesn’t, adapting future creative and copy accordingly, with support from the wider team. Ensure that any comments on social media are addressed, with close collaboration with the wider team.
4. Grow the size and effectiveness of our email programme, including renewing consent to improve supporter engagement and maximise lifetime value. Collate needs from across the organisation and come up with a supporter centric approach. Plan, curate and deliver personalised content, as well as creating automated email journeys with a view to increasing open rates/clicks and conversions. This will include considering audience segmentation and journeys, wider communications planning, design recommendations, agency liaison and analysis.
5. Work with Digital team members to audit the website and microsites, suggesting improvements to increase conversions and improve user experience - this may include usability, design or content.
6. Plan and implement our paid search and SEO strategy to ensure we are optimised. Manage our relationship with search agencies that provide support to the running of our PPC (pay per click) accounts (including Google Ads, Bing Ads) to maximise traffic and value from our paid activities. Liaise with Digital team members to ensure changes happen.
7. Set clear KPIs for all activity and ensure that tracking is in place for all digital marketing activity and that this is appropriately recorded to monitor digital performance and income generation.
8. Manage the measurement and analysis of performance, using tools such as Google Analytics, and lead on the evaluation and optimisation recommendations of projects and campaigns across the charity. Report back to key stakeholders on effectiveness and learnings
9. Digital lead on Project SPOT and overseeing the integration of the email marketing system with our new CRM (Dynamics).
10. Provide advice and guidance on digital marketing across the organisation, for instance advising other teams on how to drive traffic to the website.
11. Develop and maintain the overall email schedule and strategy, ensuring that supporters are not over-contacted with differing requests from across the organisation.Lead the email marketing group in accordance with the overall marketing plan.
12. Develop email plans for specific digital campaigns and products.
13. Maintain digital practice and accountability standard.
14. Delegating tasks to the Digital Assistant and acting as a mentor when appropriate to members of the Digital team.
15. Supporting the Digital team’s ‘business as usual’ tasks when necessary, or during periods of holiday cover – including Social Media posting, website edits, proof-reading and testing
Closing date: 25 March 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.