Established in 1948, today Leonard Cheshire reaches over 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. As the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, we have built our local operations with over 150 sites and around 7,000 employees.
Our UK care structure includes providing care in:
• people’s own homes
• supported living accommodation
• residential homes
• day centres
• respite centres
Building a More Equitable Society
We are committed to building a more equitable society through raising awareness on disability, campaigning on policy, and through our programmes, which include:
• training and employment to help people learn new skills, grow in confidence and find fulfilling work;
• disability training for employers – which help them support disabled people and make the most of every individual’s skills.
Growing Our Global Impact
We have a strong international presence through our global alliance of over 200 affiliated organisations and operate in 54 countries. We make a difference in the lives of disabled children, young people and adults through improving their access to education and employment.
In our past financial year we have:
• helped over 9,000 children gain access to schooling;
• trained over 11,000 people and helped them into employment.
We are aiming to reach and improve the lives of more than 100,000 disabled people in Africa and Asia over the next four years.
Ongoing Transformation to Grow Our Impact
We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We invite you to join us in this journey!